She has five – seven full time research fellows who work under her direct supervision aiming at higher research degrees (MD Res and PhD). Some of the research areas include:
- Computational flow dynamics and abnormal flow in assessment of aortic aneurysm.
- Genetic causes of aortic valve and diseases of the aorta.
- Proteomic analysis of causes of aneurysm formation.
- Neurological function and neurocognition during and following cardiac surgery.
- Role of stem cells in the development of coronary artery disease.
She is a frequent invited speaker at national and international conferences. Marjan Jahangiri is the author of over 200 peer-reviewed articles and published abstracts. She is on the regular review board of several national and international academic journals.
The Research and the Clinical Team has been awarded several national and international prizes from the European Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons, The Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery of GB & Ireland, The American Associations of Thoracic Surgeons and the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
Research applications for fellowship can be made to Mrs. Nicole Radford, email: firstname.lastname@example.org